At Conway & Laker, we’re committed to respecting and protecting your privacy.
About Conway & Laker
Conway & Laker is a trading name of Conway & Laker Ltd whose registered number is 6063258 and registered office is 28 High Street, Highworth, SN6 7AQ.
How do we collect personal information about you?
We obtain personal information about you that you provide to us through our website, emails, phone conversations, documents you provide to us or when you visit us, for example when you:
● Enquire about specific properties for sale
● Ask us to value your property
● Register interest for information on new properties being marketed
● Participate in one of our surveys
● Interact with us on our social media sites
We also obtain personal information relating to you using automated technical means when you visit our website.
What type of personal information is collected?
The information we collect from you might include (but is not limited to) your name, address, email address, phone number, date of birth and financial details and any other information you choose to provide to us.
The information we collect through our website using automated technical means includes: the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, identification number, online identifier and location data. We also collect information about your website visit including which website pages are accessed, page response times and length of visits to pages.
How long do we retain your personal information?
We review our retention periods for personal data on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types of information for certain prescribed periods to fulfil our statutory obligations. Outside of specific statutory obligations, we will hold your personal data on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant purposes for which we use it, or in accordance with any retention periods set out in any relevant contract you hold with us.
How do we use your personal information?
We may use the information that you directly provide to us in the following ways:
● We may use your name, address and contact details for the purpose of carrying out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and Conway & Laker, such as providing you with products and services you have requested, visiting and arranging viewings of your property. Our legal basis for this use is that it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party.
● We may use your name, telephone number, email address and postal address to provide you with information, you have requested from us, respond to enquiries or requests from you, communicate with you in relation to those enquiries or requests and arranging visits to your property by our staff. Our legal basis for this use is our legitimate interests, namely carrying out activities in the course of Conway & Laker’s business in response to customer enquiries or requests.
● We may use yourname, email address, telephone number and postal address to provide you with information regarding similar goods and services to those you have already enquired about or purchased. Our legal basis for this use is our legitimate interests, namely the ongoing marketing of our goods and services to individuals with whom we have an existing relationship in connection with our goods and services and/or who have expressed an interest in those goods and services.
● Where you have entered into a contract with us or we have provided you with services, we may use your name, email address, postal address or phone number to ask for your feedback about the services we have provided to you. Our legal basis for this use is our legitimate interests, namely evaluating and where necessary improving the quality of our service provision with a view to promoting the success of our business and positive customer relationships.
● Where you are a party to an existing contract with us, we may use your name, email address, postal address or phone number to notify you of changes to the terms and conditions of our services. Our legal basis for this use is our legitimate interests, namely the administration and management of our business contracts and relationships.
● We may use your name, email address, telephone number and postal address to send you marketing communications, if you have chosen to receive these. These may include information about properties for sale, the current property market, promotions or offers. Our legal basis for this use is consent.
● We may use relevant documents provided by you to verify your identity in line with Money Laundering Regulations 2017. Our legal basis for this use of your personal information is our legitimate interests in preventing our business being subject to fraud or credit risk.
● We may use the information that we automatically collect using technical means through our website to: